Hey there....

this is just my blog for nothing inparticular. Maybe it'll develop its own definition in time, who knows? Hope ya like:)

Monday, May 23, 2011

This is weird!

Just got back to Boston last night. My flight from Heathrow to Logan was delayed about 6 hours due to engine malfunctioning. Just as the plane was about to lift off from the ground, there was a loud bang and a big blow of fire shot out really fast from the round thing hangin' from the wing (i saw it because I was sitting at a window seat really close to the wing). They kept telling us that the plane was going to go under maintenance, then they said we had to switch planes. Which ended up taking hours, even though they said it would be "very soon". I know they were trying their hardest to fix the issue, I just wish they could have let us know how long it would be. They had to transport all the cargo & all the food and the crew and everything. I was able to watch an episode of Blue Bloods, all of Due Date (which was hilarious!) and an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Plus have some time to sit around, do nothing, and listen to my ipod.

We finally reached Boston, and everyone was ecstatic, giving the crew a round of applause. We all went through the passport business, and then went to baggage claim. To my exhausted (yet somewhat expectant) surprise, my both pieces of my luggage were not there. Apparently they had never even been loaded onto the plane. I had a bad feeling about my luggage because there was some issue with it while I was transferring flights in Mumbai, but (and I feel bad saying this) I couldn't understand what the guys who were taking care of it were saying. I was waiting to get my boarding pass for 2 hours, and a bunch of guys were running around all over the place with my passport and flight info, and saying they were transporting my bags from my Thai Airways plane to the Jet Airways plane. I have no idea what was happening, but I'm wondering if Thai Airways never even shipped my luggage? So now I have to wait to get it sent to my dad's house in RI. ahh, well. I'm not too upset about it now because it happened when I was going to Thailand, too, so I know I'll at least be getting it. I did cry a little, however, because I was so worn out, at the time a little upset about the luggage thing, and no one was there to meet me at the airport because my flight was delayed (my brother had gone at 1 only to find out the flight wasn't coming until 6:45, and then he had to go move into his new place for the summer at the time I was supposed to be picked up). So yeahhhh. But everything's fine now. I'm getting a train back to RI in about an hour and a half & it'll feel so good to take a shower and put on clothes that I haven't been wearing for the past 3 days! hahah

But it feels so strange being back here. On the one hand it feels like I never left, but on the other....it feels different. In a good way. I feel like a stronger person, as silly as that sounds. I like this weird feeling haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment